For more information about the questions and your neighbors’ responses to the 2014 HNA survey, please see below…
Humboldt 2014 Survey Synopsis
- What makes Humboldt a great place to live?
- Diversity, history, accessibility to services and resources
- What make Humboldt special compared to other Portland neighborhoods?
- Complex history, walkability, and educational area (Jefferson High school/PCC)
- What are you most excited about for Humboldt in the future?
- Revitalizing Jefferson High School, creating stronger community, preserving neighborhood history and culture.
- Describe the personality of Humboldt in ten words or less?
- Lively, Friendly, Ethnically diverse, Transition
- Which places in Humboldt neighborhood matter most to you?
- North Portland Library
- Jefferson High School and south playing field
- Cherry Sprout and Albina Green
- Ethos Music Center
- When you think of Humboldt neighborhood what images come to mind?
- Jefferson High School
- PCC – Cascade
- People walking
- Tree lined streets
- Name two people in the community who personify or embody the spirit of Humboldt and explain why?
- Clifford Walker, community historian
- Michael Callahan Cherry Sprout Produce
- Many names of neighbors
- What five traits best describe Humboldt’s personality?
This is a sampling of common responses of your neighbors to the survey.
Please take the survey below yourself, so that we can better represent you while thinking about a long-term vision for Humboldt Neighborhood!